Holy Trinity Church, Westbury, Australia


Holy Trinity Church, Westbury
c.1910
Publisher: Spurling & Son

Google Street View.

Foundation stone laid May 1869 and church opened 20 May 1874, replacing an older wooden church.
Cemeteries & Churches & Things

This large cruciform bluestone church in the Decorated Gothic style was begun in 1869 and the building consecrated in 1874. It was designed by Henry Hunter, Tasmania’s most prolific Victorian architect. The tower was added early this century.1 The marble high altar and reredos were designed by Alexander North.
Organ Historcial Trust of Australia


Interior of Holy Trinity (Catholic) Church, Wesbury, North-Western Tasmania, showing the last resting place of the late Venerable Archdeacon Hogan (on the right)
Weekly Courier, 21 May 1914

Leave a Reply